Friday, November 11, 2011

Tour de Hepatitis

Okay, so I made up that name, but this past summer John and I biked a lot, and we loved it!  As I've mentioned here before, we recently picked up cycling (due to the lack of mountain biking in OKC), and we've had some good rides, one of which was a huge accomplishment for me. 

Saturday, July 9, 2011: John and I rode 50 miles!

We had a great ride that morning.  We rode to Lake Hefner, around the lake once, then to the path that connects Lake Hefner to Lake Overholser.  We took that path to Overholser, went around Overholser, back to Hefner, around Hefner, and then home. 


It was such an amazing feeling to know that my body had the endurance to ride for that long.  It makes me excited to reach my goal of riding a century someday.  

On a more recent note, we have sadly been unable to keep up our long bike rides.  School really gets in the way of spending 3 - 4 hours biking...  But it's definitely something we want to keep up.  

No comments:

Post a Comment