Monday, October 3, 2011

Melting in Moab

Yes, we are still alive and well.  Our blog has been a bit neglected this summer, but we are doing great and still kickin' it with Hep.  I thought that rather than write a HUGE post covering all the goings-on of the Framptons over the past few months, I'll just do mini posts of our adventures.  That way I can give them the credit they deserve.  So check back regularly to see what we've been up to!

I think I'll start with the beginning of our trip to Utah.  We drove from OKC to Moab in the middle of July and spent a few days there before making our way up to see our families.  



We stayed up on the Sand Flats by Slickrock where there was NO SHADE, so we spent a lot of our time down in town at the Rotary Park.  It has a creek (not a "crick!") that runs through it which served as our wading pool to cool us off.  We would cool off in the water and then take naps in the park under the trees.  We were such bums!  A bunch of teenage hotties even tried to subtly make fun of us by loudly asking each other why people take naps in parks.  Whatever.





The park had a bunch of percussion instruments.  We definitely had some fun with that! 



We did the full loop at Slickrock instead of just the practice loop.  It was super intense, and thanks to my poor observational skills we took the harder way, but that just makes us more hard core, right?

While we were in Moab there were rain and thunderstorms every night.  One afternoon while we were at the Rotary Park it started to sprinkle.  We got up and went under the pavilion to wait out the rain.  Only, it POURED for a good 20 minutes or so.  I thought for sure there was going to be flooding. 

 Despite the heat up on the Sand Flats, the three of us had a lot of fun in Moab!

 

2 comments:

  1. You guys are such hobos. Living in parks, wading in pools in the park, having hepatitis...all signs of being a hobo. Good job!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. And in Moab, no less! I must admit though, I even surprised myself at how easily I adapted to the hobo lifestyle.

    ReplyDelete